Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Good time at the studio tonight. Not as much time there as I would have liked, but productive none the less. I was able to trim three pieces, and gather several for my next glazing adventure.

Trimming takes a very long time for me. It's no longer a matter of removing excess clay from around where the foot ring will be, but also altering the shape of the piece, adding ledges and indentations, and constructing little villages. Then the most recent addition, slip decoration. My likes for slip keep changing, but my love for its tactility reigns above all.

Here's a picture of my shelf from when I left tonight:



On the left, ready to glaze. On the far right (looks like a mess of plastic), too wet to trim. In the middle, freshly trimmed and altered.

See the slip dots on the ledges? I like how they look like little green hedges.

I'm so excited by where this stuff is going.

No comments: